Another hot, extra-long weekend in NYC! Here’s the run down of what we did with recommendations that can (for the most part) be enjoyed all summer long:
• The reason for the visit: the T+L Smitty Awards at the pretty Refinery Hotel rooftop where Let’s Get Lost rubbed shoulders with other travel lovers & winners
• Vintage shopping, live music & ping-pong at Brooklyn Night Bazaar. Plus, the tastiest local wheat brew I’ve had in a while–Blue Moon. On Fridays & Saturdays all summer.
• A day time dance party with a dose of art in Long Island at the Moma PS1 (remember the fun 90s band Cibo Matto? Still good.) On every Saturday, June to September.
• Meals at old favourites like Freemans, Ciao for Now & Cafe Gitane and delicious street grub like Two Tablespoons & Manila Girl
• Park picnics (try Washington Square Park for people/dog watching)
• World Cup soccer at un-sports-bar sports bars like Spiegel & Dutch Kills Centraal
• Aaand lots of biking with CityBike. I highly recommend their app for route planning. Plus this hilarious trick for biking in a dress. It works guys!