(clockwise from top left)
- Each trip I add to my figurine collection, this sweet old lady is from a tiny artisan in Kyoto’s Gion Quarter
- I am obsessed with Washi paper tape, so I stocked up at Parco department store’s Wrapple
- Fake sushi is the perfect souvenir. You can find them in Kappabashi Dori (Kitchen Town) where restauranteurs shop for their displays
- Maybe you don’t know this, but I heart whiskey and the Japanese seem to as well. Try the award-winning Yamazaki single malt
- Local handy crafts: my favourite was the ‘church on a rock’ pendant from SuKonBu shop in Shimokitazawa created by artist Fuyuno Mori Sha
- Oh, and the polka dot fabric, that’s a silk blouse straight from the birthplace of Uniqlo in Tokyo.