Here are my mostly monochromatic and tangentially travel-related picks from Etsy.
High & low, vintage & handmade.
1. I can’t stop looking (ha!) at this amazing cotton sweatshirt. It completes a comfy plane outfit and probably works to ward off the evil eye too! (must gift to self). / $25 / Artbyljgrove
2. Yep it’s a fanny pack! If you are indeed going to go there, might as well go all the way. This pink, suede creation almost appears to have a mouth with spiky, teeth. Pick-pockets everywhere beware! / $98 / MeredithBridges
3. Line-art topography gets my nerdy heart racing and evokes vast landscapes seen from the air. Hang them on the wall in calendar form or give them away as cards. Side note: the shop is also stocked with totes, pillows & onesies. / $12-25 / Pawling
4. These soft, leather beauties handmade in Mexico City appear to be the perfect city walking shoes. They come in an array of colours and floral patterns and are easy on the wallet and the eyes. / $55 / MuchaMuchachaDesign
5. This classic vintage duffle from Seattle is the right size for the weekend or a carry-on. Tough and stylish. Plus, pockets everywhere. / $350 / CoralLaceVintage
6. Swedish designer Lena Johansson has a fascination with retro geometry. Here, a merino wool creation in the shape of a cozy blanket or oversized scarf. Yes! / $215 / Lina Johansson
7. Dreading a long car or plane ride? Try a vintage travel game book and spend your time figuring out what ‘Connect-O’ is, or dreaming about how travel used to be in 1977. / $6 / Theamercianhomemaker
8. What a sweet collection of travel minis. It’s made of Tibetan silver, comes from Prince Edward Island and is stocked with European landmarks, so it will have circled the globe before it even gets to you. / $5 / BohemianFindings
9. This is the coolest little pill box on the block. It’s hand made, sturdy and the lid doesn’t slide off completely, so you won’t lose it. Plus looks bit a like an old-school spy gadget. / $45 / Trex